How many are still nice and what are my chances.... ?

Thread: How many are still nice and what are my chances.... ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I went to MGF15 and saw quite a few 260's there.

I love them but it does seem that there are lots of variations of spec, spoiler, sill extensions, interior trim changes, exhausts, wheels, mileages etc. This all helped me to clarify, in my own head, my ideal car and, realistically, I don't think what I want exists.

My ideal car is a cherished non-SE Mark 2 with the 11 spoke alloys (in plain standard silver finish - they look great) in simple grey, blue, red or black (or anthracite or any other dark colour) with single lip spoiler half leather / half cloth, circa 30k miles with quality history and pretty much unmarked wheels / paint. With the basic upgrades done (heater hose, heater valve, fuel clip etc) and no obvious faults or leaks.

No body additions, no dash trim changes and, preferably, standard exhausts. Essentially, pretty much as it came out of the factory.

I know it's boring but I can't help it !

There was the red one recently on Pistonheads (BX55 UZX) that looks like it would have fitted the bill a treat and, aside from the upgrades was pretty much on spec, but my timing was hopeless and it was sold before I saw it.

So I guess it's not going to happen for me but thanks to all who contributed here in response to my original question and especially to Peter who showed me his lovely car yesterday and which, although not right for me, will surely find a new home very quickly.

OC
    Last edited by Oddcat; 02-08-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: edited to turn ?'s into 's (that's cutting and pasting for you !)