Colours of the V8

Thread: Colours of the V8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    There's quite a story behind this one so I'm told. Apparently a garage is auctioning a car they may not legally own.....
    Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....

Maybe they are trying to recoup some costs from some repairs or storage?

I know of a mate who has a workshop was stuck with a car last year, he had done about £1800 worth of repairs and the owner was not able to pay. After a couple of months he sent a solicitors letter and sold the car, the excess was sent to the owner.

Probably worth a call to the auctioneers to find the out what is going on.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....
    Could actually be an oportunity? Low or no reserve even?
    I see that the Auction house listed it on the Car And Classic site yesterday. Same (lack of) information about the car itself, simply the auction date/time notification.

David

It could well be, however it could also turn into a huge mess if it is indeed not the vendors car to sell etc. Some more digging is clearly needed.

If I was absolutely adamant I had to have a shot silk car it might be worth a punt, I think it looks like a stunning colour but I'm not sure I'd want to own it. I have owned two monogram cars in the past, a Typhoon ZT 190 and the Bittersweet ZT-T 190, both got a lot of attention but the Bittersweet made it most difficult to drive around inconspicuously!

I like the idea of real Q car this time, under the radar, most people wouldn't look twice at it thinking it was just an old ZT. If I can't get hold of a green car I think Grey would be my next choice.