ZT-T 260 2004 89500 miles - Auction

Thread: ZT-T 260 2004 89500 miles - Auction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Richb View Post
    ABS issue sounds like the modulator on its way out, not uncommon. My theory is they suffer from heat being sat next to the engine which causes dry joints in the solder connectors of the fine gold wires inside. Will need a replacement modulator or getting it repaired at on of the ecu repairers, if you can find one who will do it.
    Not unique to 260's either. I have a R75 V6 with the same problem. BMW's, not unsurprisingly, are apparently renowned for that problem with modulator electrics. My garage man said "if you deliver it for the APK (MOT) with the light out, I'm not obliged to road test it or drive it outside the garage even. If it stays off, it stays off! " (UK regs. may well be different). On my V6 car at least, just doing an error-code reset with my Autec turned it off providing you didn't exceed about 10mph. Note, however, I'm pretty sure that whilst the light is on your ABS system is switched off and will not function!

However it might still be worth wiggling the blue connectors at the wheel-arch ends to see if that effects it. The loom-end part of the connector can crumble or become damaged after being disconnected several times over the years. I 'fixed' one by hard-wiring it. Really terrible connectors prone to problems like the air-bag ones under the front seats.

Hope that helps,

David
    Last edited by David; 03-01-2016 at 12:13 PM.