Misfire when warm

Thread: Misfire when warm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry yes Staffordshire, there was a small amount of crystallized substance in the recess where the plug is on the front cylinder right side as you stand in front of the car, which is plug eight? i'm presuming it's at the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Trower36 View Post
    Sorry yes Staffordshire, there was a small amount of crystallized substance in the recess where the plug is on the front cylinder right side as you stand in front of the car, which is plug eight? i'm presuming it's at the back?
    Yep. 8 is at the back, right hand side as you look at the motor from the front. That one gets the screen-washer jet/rainwater leakage sometimes. I guess yours is on the front end of the motor on the same side, nearest to the radiator hose > thermostat entry? If so that is or has been a leak and need investigating. If you have a crystalline deposit you had/have coolant there. Coolant may be sitting still inside the rubber tube around the spring plug contact and needs cleaning up anyway. Get some dialectric grease then, not that that will actually cure any leak if there is one of course!

David

Probably a good idea to get on to the last owner if possible, to see if the deposit is perhaps a result of an 'historic' leak, now resolved, maybe? I had a bad coolant leak from a badly installed intake manifold assembly, which caused a misfire even after the leak was resolved and everything dried up. The misfire persisted as a result of the leaked coolant having rusted the long spring inside the COP rubber tube, making for a poor or intermittent contact with the plug.

David