Quote Originally Posted by jeff turbo View Post
Maybe so as the owner used the tyres till they were bald. One tyre needed, brake discs also needed all round could also be an issue, fronts are easy but rears are not cheap. If someone is DIYing the car I would say you could spend a couple of thousand on it to get it road worthy. Clutch 'should' be ok at 40,000 but you never know no, to replace the clutch and cylinder is abought £500 would all depend on what other damage has been done to the engine when it ran out of oil and of course that's a removal and strip down, if DIYing that costs nothing Maybe lucky with crank grind, replacement over size shells and head gasket set, unluckily the bores would also need doing.
After reading the book I bought off Nich on rebuilding a Mustang V8 engine I must say I am tempted with this car just to see if I could do it but I don't want another project and this is one. Head gasket and timing chains I found out are extremely easy on a V8 so an 'added extra' would be the crank etc
I've had a long look at the pictures of it and the bodywork is mostly just dirty so could be a bargain
MOT history is a bit hit and miss. In 6 years three tyres got worn out in 7 miles, can't see how that would happen
When I took on 277 there was much more to do than i anticipated though.
That's the problem. If you are looking at a fix up with an eye on making a profit, then I think you would be hard pushed. Fix up for yourself, well you could maybe convince yourself that at least some of the work and investment was a "labour of love", but then you could choose a better starting point I feel.

David