ZT-T Xpowers Wanted

Thread: ZT-T Xpowers Wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would disagree with the outlet being the difference, although mine are Zeros bought from GAD.
    I had a local fabricator add 50mm length in to the receiving end (60mm diameter s/s pipe). This works because the box is hung in the cradle and does not have specific fixed hanger positions. This mod' meant I was able to use Zt back boxes for the Zt-t that I have.
    What a difference!! A little louder and a lower more bass note and along with the BBK T/B plenum and cold air kit she doesn't half shout when you let loose with that right foot.
    Philip Titley
    Cars are for driving but sometimes there are just too many
    1980 MGB GT for fun
    1972 Datsun 240Z under restoration
    Rover 75 2.0KV6 with K&N, Sport back box and Vortex 17s - The day car
    MG ZT-T 260SE Pearl Black No 581 - the rest are now gathering dust

Black Olive had ( for some reason) been fitted with ZT-T x powers, I cut the tailpipes off at the box, and cut two inches off and had them rewelded back on, they now sit nicely in line with the cut out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's a good idea. Thanks! I'd forgotten that the cradle isn't fixed & I've got a pair of brand new saloon Xpowers in the garage already.

I'm planning on fitting the BBK Plenum too - can I ask what cold air kit you have used?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrell34pt View Post
    Would disagree with the outlet being the difference, although mine are Zeros bought from GAD.
    I had a local fabricator add 50mm length in to the receiving end (60mm diameter s/s pipe). This works because the box is hung in the cradle and does not have specific fixed hanger positions. This mod' meant I was able to use Zt back boxes for the Zt-t that I have.
    What a difference!! A little louder and a lower more bass note and along with the BBK T/B plenum and cold air kit she doesn't half shout when you let loose with that right foot.