Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
I can't see how that can be, since the 'Stang cable is through to the shifter, not via an intermediate "push me pull you" quadrant, and then a 15cm quadrant>shifter rod after that, so would be a great deal longer than the Rover one. On the other hand, if Byron has actually done it, so be it and I stand corrected, but I would otherwise put a big "?" on that. Dominic Middleton may know, or Brian (scooter) even ??

I suppose you could do a "quadrant delete", if that helped, but if it was designed by MGR in the way, it was for a reason, particularly if the Mustang cable would as suggested be a direct solution, and FOC. MGR did not like giving away money (not on paper anyway).

I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and get the cable off the car and source or remake a new one based on that.
Almost 4 years of asking hasn't resulted in a NOS cable popping up, and I would suggest that's now unlikely.
It is not too difficult to get to both ends of the Rover cable to remove it, as I recall?

David
Apparently it is already a very long cable and takes quite a route from end to end. My problem is I don't have the facilities to get the car up in the air to look at the problem. Re the Byron parts, apparently he shipped two R75 V8 cables to Aus this year, and they were marked up with that Ford part number. A google search doesn't return anything matching that number.

I have been told that Speedy Cables in Swansea should be able to replicate what I have. It would mean me taking my cable to them - I'm not trusting it to the post or a courier!