Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The ebay one is discussed here:
    http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=41872

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    The ebay one is discussed here:
    http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=41872

My first post on here so hi guys

I am just about to collect VIN no 470, I have bought it for my wife. I noticed the topic after I had agreed to buy the car and was worried to say the least even though it was HPI clear Anyhow after much digging I have got to the bottom of the matter, I will post the whole story some time but this is the short version..

DeanoUK (xpower topic starter) paid a deposit on VIN 470 and because it had less than 6 months MOT left to run the Car Supermarket who were selling decided to re MOT it but during the test the tester was not happy with the power steering on full lock and thought there was a problem with the pump.

The Car Supermarket did not own the car, they were simply selling for the owner. To cover themselves they told the owner that it needed a rack and pump and that the bill would be £900. The owner said he would send it to auction rather than spend that amount.

So left with no car to sell the car SuperMarket told deanouk that during the MOT they found the steering issue and also said it had sustained a heavy front impact, this was done so that he would walk away rather than insisting that the power steering repairs were carried out.

It then appears on ebay and everyone left it alone, probably because of the x power thread. My gain as I bought it very cheaply, this leaves me more cash for modifications

So to sum this up, there is nothing wrong with VIN 470!!!
    Last edited by martin-reyland; 22-04-2008 at 06:45 PM.

I've been reading this saga, Martin and I see that Dean has come to the same conclusion as you. To your benefit, so well done and welcome.

The whole tale has not done anything to raise my respect for car supermarkets however, who in general, I hold in utter contempt.

Anyway, due to a bit of canny detective work, this has worked out in your favour. I hope you enjoy owning the car.