General impressions and questions from a non-owner

Thread: General impressions and questions from a non-owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Odyssey Blue Mk1 Vin 075

Quote Originally Posted by damienp View Post
    There's the 23mpg to consider too. I used to have a 190 and haven't once regretted switching.
    Made me laugh that, 23 is not a figure im used to around town, winter use you'll be lucky to get 17. On a run possibly. I get 170 miles full to empty town driving short runs and 280 miles on a decent long run although my first 260 gave me 310 on a long run. But i love driving it the sound is intoxicating smiles per mile your looking at thousands 😊😆😉😎☺😃

Ken Bischoff Vin 075.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
    Made me laugh that, 23 is not a figure im used to around town, winter use you'll be lucky to get 17. On a run possibly. I get 170 miles full to empty town driving short runs and 280 miles on a decent long run although my first 260 gave me 310 on a long run. But i love driving it the sound is intoxicating smiles per mile your looking at thousands ☺
    On a 1000 mile trip up and down to Nick at Austin's did 22.5 out and 21 back (battle with a few Belgians). 90% motorway at the legal limit +5% on cruise. (Bit too much for the froggie-fuzz; must pay that euro-45 bill for 91kph instead of 90!).

... I guess I get about 15, no better, on my cold-engine start, 8mile+8mile daily commute in the winter. An average of 17-20 sounds about right for normal usage? Best I have EVER got was 25 on cruise at 60mph, sea-level, flat road, no passengers or luggage, air temp 15c., 990 mBar and around 90% humidity. Boring.

Better than my 5.3 XJ12L which was 1/1 (in litre/km terms = 2.35 mpg) on the 3 mile winter school-runs in the village ! Hummers are better!

David
    Last edited by David; 29-03-2016 at 08:28 PM.

All black, black, black. bernard lpg's Avatar

Some of your attitudes to Autogas make it sound as if you are auditioning for the Harry Enfield character, the one who was "Considerably richer than yo!".

I can afford to run my 3 cars without having to consider the fuel costs because they all run on LPG. As a pensioner I am not in a position to increase my income so I chose to do it this way.
    Admittedly I was able to convert my own cars so this helped the economics of it all. The cars all perform as well if not better than on petrol. Engines run cleaner both in an internal sense as well as environmentally.

As for the smell, well I had a diesel once and it was a miserable experience, not least because the stink of that stuff gets everywhere including your shoes as you paddle in the infernal stuff at the filling station. If you can smell the gas, then you have a leak and smell alerts you to that. Or you are deliberately sniffing it, which is not good but not unknown.
    Bernard Lovegrove. Rural Worcestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    Some of your attitudes to Autogas make it sound as if you are auditioning for the Harry Enfield character, the one who was "Considerably richer than yo!".

I can afford to run my 3 cars without having to consider the fuel costs because they all run on LPG. As a pensioner I am not in a position to increase my income so I chose to do it this way.
    Admittedly I was able to convert my own cars so this helped the economics of it all. The cars all perform as well if not better than on petrol. Engines run cleaner both in an internal sense as well as environmentally.

As for the smell, well I had a diesel once and it was a miserable experience, not least because the stink of that stuff gets everywhere including your shoes as you paddle in the infernal stuff at the filling station. If you can smell the gas, then you have a leak and smell alerts you to that. Or you are deliberately sniffing it, which is not good but not unknown.
    Here, here !
    I thought that thread was going wonkey!

As a Newbie it seems I have stirred the nest a bit (not my intention)

There are people in life who are able to, and happy to, pay full price for things.
    Then there are people who prefer to wait for the sales, or at least to shop around to make that purchase more affordable.
    I am in the 2nd category.

So let's agree to differ, and acknowledge that we all have an interest in, and liking for the ZT260 and/or the v8 R75 (whether we are fortunate enough to own one or not)

Andrew

Yes Andrew I compleatly agree, it doesn't matter what you run your car on, as long as you run your car. Also if you want economy then a zt or 75 cdti would be the car of choice in my opinion.

Thanks Stan

As I said when I started the thread, I own a ZT190 (which I love) but having recently driven a 260, then I feel the beginnings of an addiction which I am sure everyone on here has! :-)

If I were lucky enough to be able to get the right 260 for me (at the right price) then I will keep my 190 as everyday transport

Andrew