zt 260 just bought a new engine!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: zt 260 just bought a new engine!!

Me wonders if that's a rhetorical question?????
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Thanks Dave Ive sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stal108 View Post
    Hi Nigel
    I will be there for just after 4pm friday i would like to get the front stripped rad out and maybe a few other bits so on sat we can get the motor in. I have seen the kit he has it looks all there. The only thing is make sure about the pully size as the amount of boost its set for as too mutch will pink and kill your engine. I am no expert but i belive 6psi is about as mutch as safe on a std compresion engine. Best to be safe and ask. It looks as new condition. I would have thought it would not be hard to fit yourself. After book it in to a rr to tune it . Trailer it there and leave it to an expert.
    dave
    might see you friday
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Hi All

I will be going to have a look at the Roush supercharger tomorrow, cash ready but it all depends on whats there. I spoke to WR this afternoon and it is not a complete kit. However I have asked advice and as long a certain items are there, the rest can be obtained. So unless I recieve a call from Dave ( he has seen the supercharger at WR workshop) before I leave home tomorrow morning at 0900 telling me that he did not see a Manifold (which the blower sits on) attached too or with the Supercharger. Ill just have to go and have a look. It will cost me a tank of petrol and some time but if it all works out I may have a ZT385 before xmas. And all for less (I hope) than £2500
    Fingers and everything else crossed.

Regards

Nige

PS, Dave if you read this please contact me anytime tonight up until midnight on my moblie or any time after 0700 Fri AM on my home number or mobile up to 0900. After 0900 ring me and let it ring off and I`ll ring you back as ill be driving. Thanks
    Nigel Baines

Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496

Good luck!
    Ian

Default Just Got Home

I have just got home its 00;45 so too late to call. There is most of it there and in very good condition the lads that work there have good idea of what is what also one is a bit of a wiz with remaping and can do this no prob. Have a good look and im sure it will be worth a trip. I didnt get chance to call today sorry. Ask what happend to the mustang and see if there is amy bit you need off that. Loads of stuff there i dont think you will find what you want and if there is bits missing mail order from roush!! mutch cheaper then a kenny bell kit.
    dave
    Last edited by stal108; 22-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Hi All

Well, I spoke to Dave this morning and Matt from WR garage and the supercharger has no manifold, WR says it will fit without it but other experts have said without the manifold its a no go.
    Shame as it was probably the only way I was going to get a blower.
    Oh well the kids can eat again this week lol
    He wanted £1100 for the supercharger and a few bits, the blower is on sale on its own for 385 dollars from Roush + P+P

Back to the drawing board..........

Nige
    Nigel Baines

Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496

I was going to post ad ask wht the script was, that would explain why Ive just had a phone call from them saying that they have a supercharger for sale !!

I did ask if they had a manifold with it, but "stan" said they would have a look and Will would get back to me.

the manifold is the tricky bit to get hold of as you say, S/C no use without it. I can make alternator brackets etc, but not a manifold !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Is it not available on any of the US sites, might be worth asking on some of the mustang forums over there, assuming it's the same.

Hi All

Guys as this is on a private area im going to start another thread for members with my investigations etc.

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzi View Post
    Hi All

Guys as this is on a private area im going to start another thread for members with my investigations etc.

Nigel
    Good plan, Nigel. Will be interesting, I think.
    Tony Dennis
    I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues.