It's simple and stops the potential of a dutch auction David. No price guide, no post.

Nich moves the original post into the moderators area. Once the price is known the post reappears. If Simon and Jezza continue privately via email etc then I have no problem with that as the forum is not contributing to the potential of an auction. As I mentioned on another thread, a few years ago a situation arose were the price of something being sold escalated and was not to the benefit of members as such.

People don't read the small amount of rules we have for this site and that's why this occurs so I'd not be going negative on a mod who has to make a judgement. Black and white, no ambiguity.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
Not being pedantic, Nich, but does that mean if someone posts "Wanted: a Gubbins", and someone replied to the post "Ï got a Gubbins if you want one", then unless he/she stated a required price in the reply you would summarily just scrub the reply-post ?????

That's utterly, totally crazy; can't see how that could be in anyone's interest?
... but pretty well exactly what happened in this case, as I see it.

David