could buy a LHD in Switzerland - but I'm a bit worried about, well you know, things..

Thread: could buy a LHD in Switzerland - but I'm a bit worried about, well you know, things..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All ZTs delivered new to Australia had these child restraint anchorages fitted. Are these what you mean? If so, there is a captive nut fitting in the seat frame to accommodate them. However, when I imported old 206 from the UK, the captive nut was not on the frame but it may well be in LHD cars, although the hole to take it was. To meet Aussie standards, I had to use a nut and bolt to hold the anchorages in place. This required some fiddling to ease the upholstery away from the seat frame and then to hold a nut in place but it works and there is no evidence of tampering.

I use old 206 daily and love it. It does exactly what I tell it to do and never answers back. Especially it doesn't beep, ding or hoot at me if I fail to do up my seat belt, use the clutch and handbrake in the "wrong" sequence, leave the key in or any number of other so-called "incorrect" actions. We are up to 200,000 kms now and still climbing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Malcolmr; 13-06-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolmr View Post
    Especially it doesn't beep, ding or hoot at me if I fail to do up my seat belt, use the clutch and handbrake in the "wrong" sequence, leave the key in or any number of other so-called "incorrect" actions.
    Yes you forget how annoying these bing bongs get, I have been working on a 3 year old Peugeot this week that has needed a few test drives and every time I get in there is a bing or bong for something. I wont start unless I have my foot on the brake pedal, it also wont let me select drive unless I also have the brake pedal down. Do we really need all these devices?

The only time my ZTT 260 has beeped at me when SWMBO left here door slightly open when I went to lock it, we both looked at each other as we had her for over a year before we knew it did that.

Steve