Strange question but I have to test the water

Thread: Strange question but I have to test the water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Seen a couple recently and they are growing in appeal
    I think they are fantastic.... but have to have the nostrils.... an online buddy has the 6L supercharged with aftermarket exhaust and the sound is incredible... it sounds like a race car the way it barks... whilst the interior trim is indeed Poxhall theres more than a little Hsv involved underneath
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
    I think they are fantastic.... but have to have the nostrils.... an online buddy has the 6L supercharged with aftermarket exhaust and the sound is incredible... it sounds like a race car the way it barks... whilst the interior trim is indeed Poxhall theres more than a little Hsv involved underneath
    I ran a 6.0VXR for a short while. The motor is totally awesome - properly big grunt from anywhere in the range and a wonderful noise with the loud exhausts.

However, I sold it & carried on with 260's, as the Monaro feels wide, soft & baggy compared to the hard nut MG which is just so unbelievably well suited to UK roads if you like driving a bit hard.

Each to their own, but to me the Monaro is built for monstering long straight AUS outback roads and the 260 to our uniquely varied & twisty UK tarmac.