Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I have had some good results with injector cleaners, don't bother with the rubbish you buy in Halfords but go to a Motor factor and buy the stuff the trade use like Forte. Also don't put a pot in with a full tank as it will be to diluted. 1/3 of tank is a good mix with a bottle.

As far as coil packs go it seems they start failing at about 60k to 70k. They will often be fine for the first few miles but as they heat up they can break down and in my experience will usually bring up a fault code for the one that has failed. For about $250 plus shipping and import duty you can buy a quality set from MSD or Accel. These with a new set of Iridium plugs correctly gapped will eliminate any potential ignition problems. Make sure you put copper grease on the threads of the spark plugs and don't over tighten them.

Steve
Hi Steve, thanks for the info. The Forte products are good I use the diesel treatment in my defender and find it works. Will take the plugs out and check condition then check coil packs.

On a different note what grade petrol to use premium or just the standard, do these engines have a preference ?

Thanks Rob.