And yet another wanabe!

Thread: And yet another wanabe!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ZT-T 260 SE VIN 405

Which is the other one he is trying to sell?

Great looking car by the way, glad you are pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesV View Post
    Which is the other one he is trying to sell?

Great looking car by the way, glad you are pleased with it.
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/193350.htm

Karl

I have to say I'm a little disappointed having read your post!
    I was publicly clear on anohter forum that the shot silk car was previously owned by Nick Young, who personally advised me of it's whereabouts, following which I rescued it from a Volkswagon dealership. However, I soon decided I really didn't want an estate (my thoughts on car strategy change daily as we have kids/dogs etc) and passed on to Monty Smith MG Rover dealers to sell on my behalf on a sale or return basis. However, I beat them and sold it before they managed too!
    The bittersweet saloon is my other car and I'm selling it as I am having a company Honda Civic S-Type GT 2.2 i-CDTI in 2 months time!

Nice to have to justify myself to the masses though!

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Poledriver View Post
    I don't know if your car has come from the same source, but I bought mine from a guy called Stephen Davies in Penarth, Cardiff. Although it was stored at another dealer he said he was selling privately and that the car had been his for a while but he was selling because he now had a saloon.
    I see that he has another ZT-T advertised on PH at the moment!
    The warning bells went for me when the registration document did not show his name and the dealer section was missing.
    I hope that he's not trying to offload dodgy motors, I haven't had any unexpected problems with mine yet. More likely he's just trying to escape being taxed as a car dealer!
    Has anyone else bought a 260 from him at all?
    See lots of posts on XP forum about dealers posing as private sellers, some of whose names you may recognise. I had hoped that sort of thing was not going to pollute these hallowed halls.

Default Public Apology

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Karl

I have to say I'm a little disappointed having read your post!
    I was publicly clear on anohter forum that the shot silk car was previously owned by Nick Young, who personally advised me of it's whereabouts, following which I rescued it from a Volkswagon dealership. However, I soon decided I really didn't want an estate (my thoughts on car strategy change daily as we have kids/dogs etc) and passed on to Monty Smith MG Rover dealers to sell on my behalf on a sale or return basis. However, I beat them and sold it before they managed too!
    The bittersweet saloon is my other car and I'm selling it as I am having a company Honda Civic S-Type GT 2.2 i-CDTI in 2 months time!

Nice to have to justify myself to the masses though!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,
    I'm sorry if I got it wrong! When I purchased the car from you I got the impression that you had owned it for a while and when I saw from the registration document that you had never transferred it to your name I started to get a little worried, this was then reinforced when I saw another car being sold in your name!
    Anyway, you have explained the situation and I am sorry that I forced you into a position where you had to do this and I apologise for any embarresment this may have caused.

Karl

Karl

No problem. Hope you are still enjoying it - I actually now think it is the nicest ZT 260 out there - I'm afraid to say, ahead of even my own!
    I'm actually regretting selling it now, as SWMBO has decided she wants rid of her people carrier in favour of a tiny runabout and has ordered me to get the big lump for family duties!

Latest pipe dream is my plan of getting a standard coloured ZTT and having her sprayed in shot silk!

Failing that, a nice Rover 75 V8 auto in shot silk, bittersweet or spectre would be awesome.

However, I have 2 months to make up my mind as I can cancel the Honda any time prior to delivery to our offices! Time is ticking!

Anyhoo, enough of my chromactive perversions!

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by SteveTD; 25-03-2008 at 10:07 AM.