Pattern Front Wings

Thread: Pattern Front Wings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xenon from China
    I will be surprised if its lens etc matches the one on the other side assuming it even has the same connector

i too would go for a 2nd hand wing rather than a pattern - plenty at Rover Breakers and they can probably do you a Xenon as well
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

Default Pattern Front Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Xenon from China
    I will be surprised if its lens etc matches the one on the other side assuming it even has the same connector

i too would go for a 2nd hand wing rather than a pattern - plenty at Rover Breakers and they can probably do you a Xenon as well

Keith,

I haven't given up hope of receiving a genuine front wing from the offical channel. Of course grade of steel is another matter. China usually has more up-to-date plant than we have in the UK - it's not like thirty years ago when a european manufacturer sold the tooling and rights to an east european or far east manufacturer. They now get the latest stuff in.

No problem getting a s/h front wing in from a breakers - it's the xeon light that is causing head scratching. Using the breakers nationwide "find-a-part" system has given nil results. A bit like the euro song contest. One has to remember that a limited number of MkII 260's were fitted with xeon's by the factory as standard (probably last quarter 2004 and all 2005). So, not only is it a quandry for me but anyone else who might suffer damage to lighting.

Don't suppose you know who the manufacturer is or what the offical channel supplier's stance is on out of stock on small number vehicle production?

regards,

Kev

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Where Xenons specific to the 260 then, or should you just be searching for a ZT one?
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    Where Xenons specific to the 260 then, or should you just be searching for a ZT one?

Available on all 75 & zt models at extra cost

What side of headlamp is required ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Xenon from China

Keith,

I've had a reply from CAT (X-Part) re the Xeon (as that is the only part I queried as it has more importance at present).

The original part was made by Hella of Banbury. The tooling was sold to China but they are not making a E spec lens. They say they are looking into alternatives but I would have thought that asking the Chinese manufacturer to produce a batch(es) of E spec lens might be easier. Of course if the have scrapped that part of the tooling regarding the correct lens then that is a slightly different matter. One would have to know the full story and extent to base a line of action on.

I'm not going to be holding my breath on the issue but if perhaps Forum members fill out a parts request for XBC002810 then CAT might stir itself.

regards,

Kev