Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer

ZT 260SE

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Silver View Post
    Looks like a bargain for a rare red Mk11 - best of luck!!
    Cheers guys.

Does look nice pictures, can't wait to view/buy!

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    There are 5 buttons on a fully specced SE. Two heated seats, traction control, cruise control and rear blind.

Ok - I neglected to mention the 5th button!

In my defence, the standard SE spec 260 has 4 buttons. Some cars had the optional 'SE pack' which included a 5th button for the rear blind, and also included Harmon Kardon stereo and powerfold wing mirrors.

I think the estate had something in lieu of the rear electric blind - was it just the rear luggage net pullup blind - or was there more to it than that?

Thanks goodness the Zt 26 had fairly simple spec levels/options! We could be here all night otherwise....

Mk2 in Red looks the business for sure
    No Cruise.. No problem...
    No Traction...MAJOR PLUS!!!
    No Blind... easily fit-able
    ACCUFAB AND ZERO's...Right result!!!
    key to open boot..Would prefer the fob, but "Hey"
    Non-standard Apex colour... personal preference

Hope it meets your expectations Looks like a keeper
    Nick

ZT 260SE

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
    Hope it meets your expectations Looks like a keeper
    I'm sure it will be

Go for it, the car looks well, the wheels are like mine on saffron reckon they improve the contrast, silver paint is so common. I agree with your philosophy on value us petrol heads have never had it so good. I also agree that low milers well kept will probably beat the footsie 100 over the next 10 years. But I would also warn members against coveting the car too much it only ends in tears. This world is not good enough for this breed of Mg, someone will always be envious of our pride and joy. The fact that you can back the car into a space and pretend to be a rover 75 is a big plus for me.
    Must of died, now smitten in 260 heaven.

Hi Charlie. Welcome to "the collective" and congratulations on wanting to join the elite.

Was going to post up on the Cars start in life, but Nich and others have beaten me to it.

Yes it is a facelifted mark 1, a few of these cars exist, for press release, and other purposes. Nic (Rincewind) has posted that this was a facelifted mark 1 that was used by MGR for emissions testing, hence the lack of a couple of mark 2 "features".

I own vin 214, which I believe to be the last unfacelifted mark 1, so have an interest in cars from around this changeover period

Certainly dont see this as an issue, if anything, whilst not adding to the car's overall value is an interesting aside, and an added bonus.

Nocturnal has summed it up nicely- the only other thing not mentioned is it "should" have the mark 1 dash finish which is smooth grey metallic rather than a rough finsh, which is easier to keep clean. If this is the case it will also have white rather than blue dash illumination.

Red is always a good colour- hides dirt and polishes up well.

the alloys have been refurbished annd the dark colour suits the red paintwork, and the price looks ok.

fuel clip can be checked when you get it home, hose is 40 odd quid but I bet its been done anyway, belt is 30 quid, none of these are real issues.

more important, as with any car purchase is the service history.

good luck

Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZT 260SE

Hello Steve,

I have spoke to the seller - he knows 260's inside out (a frequent guest on here as well as other relavent forums), he advised me the fuel clip has been done as well as a sender (incorrect reading?) - The fan belt is sound and there is a new heater hose plus a spare in the boot.

You are also correct mate regarding the dash, it does indeed have a Mk1 dash complete with white dials, metalic finish etc.

ZT 260SE

Hello Steve,

I have spoke to the seller - he knows 260's inside out (a frequent guest on here as well as other relavent forums), he advised me the fuel clip has been done as well as a sender (incorrect reading?) - The fan belt is sound and there is a new heater hose plus a spare in the boot.

You are also correct mate regarding the dash, it does indeed have a Mk1 dash complete with white dials, metalic finish etc.

The thing that drew my attension in the first place was indeed the colour, looks stunning in red and in my eyes the alloys just finish the car off (or in my opinion I may look at having the door handles colour coded to suit my taste if it can be done).

Can't wait to get my hands on the car, a few days with a choice polish, glaze and a good few coats of Collinite will do me for starters!

Also, when I get it I can become a full member - woohoo

Is there anyway to find out, like some car makers, which options (if any) were fitted?
    `

Default Mpg

"there are not a lot of buyers wanting sub 20mpg, group 20 insurance etc."

Am I alone in averaging approx 24mpg and getting 27 on a run?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggrocer View Post

Am I alone in averaging approx 24mpg and getting 27 on a run?
    Yes........