Which one

Thread: Which one

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keith pointed out to me that MK2s dont rattle...

E.g., His MK1 V6 had interior rattles (coming mainly from the windows I think). The MK2 doesnt have any interior rattles.

Is this a series wide issue with all ZTs?
    Ian

not sure if that is really true, mines one of the late mk2s and has serveral that need investigating, when its not so cold i will be searching.
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    Keith pointed out to me that MK2s dont rattle...

E.g., His MK1 V6 had interior rattles (coming mainly from the windows I think). The MK2 doesnt have any interior rattles.

Is this a series wide issue with all ZTs?
    The 260 and the 190 before did not rattle however I do have one in the R75 drivers door which seems worse when its cold. So would say its a ZT/75 thing.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

i have a really annoying one behind the clocks/speedo, above 3.5k rpm it sounds like frying bacon, got to have a look, but it doesn't always do it which is annoying, strange.
    Peter Essling

wnj516

Default Rattles

I had an 02 190 which rattled or creaked from the drivers window, my Mk2 260 has no rattles, and no problems,I really enjoy driving the car.
    WNJ516

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    i have a really annoying one behind the clocks/speedo, above 3.5k rpm it sounds like frying bacon, got to have a look, but it doesn't always do it which is annoying, strange.
    Thats an interesting comment... I think I have had a similar noise, but very rarely and only under full acceleration. The one time it happened as i accelerated through several gears.

As you say, behind the dash and a sort of sizzly noise... I thought it sounded like aerated liquid being sucked at high pressure through a pipe or something.

I thought Fuel line as it seemed to happen under heavy acceleration?? but surely that doesnt come into the cabin... odd.
    Last edited by SH4RKY; 15-11-2007 at 10:57 PM.
    Ian