Well ive done it! I have finally managed to change the suspension over on my ZT 260 to the Rover 75 V8 type and.... It was a piece of cake.
Front struts took about half an hour a side and rear springs and shocks about three quarters of an hour a side. I have tried it with the rear anti roll both connected and disconnected and prefer it connected. If I need to change back for a track day or something then I think I could get the total job down to about two hours.
Obviously the overall handling is not so pricise but the overall gains in ride quality more than justifies any loss. Having said that the handling is still very good and allows me to enjoy myself on the cross country B roads I use without any noticable drop in pace. The ride is probably halfway between what it was and a standard 75. Major down side to the whole job is that I am using my MG twice as much as before - which can't be bad!
I know that a lot of you will be wincing at this but I wonder how many ZT sales of all types were lost because of the (over)firm ride.