Gear issue - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gear issue

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    I have never had the need to use the unnnecessary accessory.

regards,

Kev
    So why do you want to use it now?

Quote Originally Posted by mikpeirce View Post
    Hi Kev,

Same town as me. I take it yours is the silver saloon with x-power back boxes.

There is a clutch bleed nipple in the pipe beside the bell housing, which I have bled mine with, although it was so tight I had to securley hold the pipe and had to be extremely carefull when loosening the bleed nipple.

It is a 2 man job to bleed this pipe as you'll need to lift the pedal back up after depressing to bleed. Also make sure you have the clutch master cylinder cap securely tightened when carrying out the bleeding as otherwise when depressing the pedal you'll just launch the fluid straight out of the top of the master cylinder.

When finished, if you have cruise control, you'll need to reset the clutch pedal cruise switch, which is on a ratchet and needs pulling back into contact with the clutch pedal once it has found it's natural height.

Mike,

Clutch slave bled when car was taken to the body shop. I've got the car back and then had a service at Brown & Gammons. I mentioned that the cruise was not setting. Collecting the car they mentioned that they though it was caused by "the switch-stop/cruise brake" part (number XKD000010) which is a double pole switch in white.

The part is NLA (suprise, suprise). However, before I vent my fury at CAT it might be that B & G has not understood how to re-set the switch after a bleed. I've not been able to fully understand your previous reponse regarding the re-setting and probly will not until I get to see said switch in situ. Could you perhaps provide assistance in the form of a chat?

regards,

Kev

#576 ZT-T SE Pearl Black mikpeirce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    Could you perhaps provide assistance in the form of a chat?
    No problem Kevin, mobile number sent by PM.

Mik

Mik Peirce

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    So why do you want to use it now?
    Cause SE spec includes it and when selling on some people actually go for the whistles and bells and thus will be wanting me to fix it before parting with a lowly amount of readies :-)

cheers,

Kev

OIC you are selling yours?

Whats the details on yours? Any pictures?

Sounds like you have got fed up with the ZT now...