Hi,

I have used Peter also on 2 occasions. He is fine and reasonable, very trustoworthy for servicing work - however from experience and the glowing reports of Austin garages for anything more serious I would go the extra effort and take my car up there next time as Peter is still learning on some of the more complex procedures.

I need to get the next service and some other bits and bobs doen shortly for which I will use Peter again. Since you are just down the road from me we may be able to come to an arrangment regarding dropping the cars off if that helps i.e. run down together, leave one car, drive the other person home and same re. collection? His place is near Chobham on the road to Woking.

Otherwise, as for local garages I dont know really, but I know a place in New Malden thats good whi looks after a neighbours Stag, and also the bloke around the corner for me works from his house and is also a trained Porsche mechanic (he works there at Porsche Guildford during the day). Hes good and good rates, so if its a basic service you need - i.e. change oil and filter and fluids etc that could be an option for you? And he'll put a stamp in the book. I would use him myself except Peter Wayte owes me a favour and to replace the wheelarch liner.

Cheers

Aaron