Quote Originally Posted by bigkeeko View Post
I appreciate your input SJR

The bottom line is I`m going to buy a V8 car of some description. I had my fill of 4 bangers V6s and turbos. The big V8 roar is where its at for me now. I`ve had some great cars but never ones that made the perfect tune. I`m 41 and feel that as I get on in life if I don`t get one now I`ll end up driving a Toyota avensis estate or something and checking out pension plans.
I had a good chat with Phil earlier regarding his 260. I`m a fussy ba$tard when it comes to cars and they have to be `right` or i won`t buy it. Its pretty expensive, BUT, I get the feeling its a good one so we`ll see how it goes.
If the truth be told its a British car for me (ok its got a yank engine) and I have put the feelers out for a Mustang. Watch the Bullitt chase scene and tell me you`re not into that kinda thing.
An sn95 Bullitt was top of my list in opposition to the 260. Although the new 5th gen are handsome cars I can`t justify £20k for `an image`

Like most guys I like LOADS of different makes and types of car and couldn`t hand on heart say that one is better than all. I just love cars. But this time it must have eight cylinders.

Being new I'm looking at past threads and this one I had a bit of a laugh at Bigkeekos comment of "ok its got a yank engine". 99% (that I'm aware of) of all British V8 cars are American powered. Including some of the greatest cars ever built! Number one on my list is Ford's GT40 (built in Slough) from the early 60's which used a 425 SOCH Cobra Jet. After 3 or 4 years was outlawed by race officials because NO ONE could beat it.....all because Enzo Ferrari pissed off Henry Ford Jr. Now thats Yankee ingenuity, Limey engineering at its best!