How many are still nice and what are my chances.... ?

Thread: How many are still nice and what are my chances.... ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I was looking for a V8 ZT 18 months or so ago I saw some lovely ones....but they were all owned by people intent on not selling...the ones I saw in dealers were all what I would class as well used but averagely looked after.

That said, the one I ended up with hasn't even ever been in a car wash as previous owners have valued her paintwork. Two blemishes on her, one I will sort when I get the right 'zipper' for the rear seat, the other even I didn't notice for three months. She now needs a new air con compressor after 37k miles but 'they all do that sir'. Short of that, she is kept in a garage, used for high days and holidays - yes, including in the rain! But she is what I would consider a very nice example...and I am picky! But then, my 'picky' and yours might not match?!

Ultimately, being in a car club for a particular car, or even being an 'enthusiast' does not mean that your car is necessarily going to be immaculate....yes, it might be...but equally, you may just love driving your car hard, have no mechanical eptitude and no interest in cleaning out your Apex wheels with a toothbrush...it takes all sorts.

There ARE nice examples out there...it just depends how much you want one and how hard you are prepared to look....and a nice version of one of these will be harder to find than a nice Jag for example.
    Last edited by Zeb; 23-07-2010 at 10:08 AM.