Be quick and get bidding X powers

Thread: Be quick and get bidding X powers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fitted today, VERY Happy I can see a LOT of petrol disappearing over the next few days.

Interestingly though my wife is adamant they are quieter than the Zero's no figure

She did also say the sounds was nice though.

PESSLING: What advice do you have for dealing with what looks like tar that has dried up an welded itself to silencer? I was hard and crusty like rust and underneath the stainless was quite pitted.
    MG ZT 260 #107 Trophy Blue, previously owned #42 XPG.

Petrol or thinners, will do the trick or removing it.

I also think in certain areas that they are quieter than the zero's my girlfriend also though this. although with the stainless pipe inserted they are definitely not.
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    Petrol or thinners, will do the trick or removing it.

I also think in certain areas that they are quieter than the zero's my girlfriend also though this. although with the stainless pipe inserted they are definitely not.

Sorry for the intrusion (sort of on topic though) ref the inserts,...would it not/is it not possible to put a thread on the end (albeit a large one!) and screw in to the actual box thus rendering them safe from "popping out" on their own accord under heavy/spirited acceleration,maybe cross drilling the end and fashioning some type of "T" bar tool to remove/secure them?....just a thought that has occurred

yes it would be possible but the pipe is 2.5in which is a very big thread, the only other problem as well it that there isn't really anything within the box to create the female thread. but good idea Paul. I have experimented with spirited acceleration and they still haven't shifted. given that metal expands with hot, may become an even tighter fit compared to the rest of the box that says a little cooler.
    Peter Essling

Yes a good point with regards to the expansion,(to be honest never thought of that,that's probably why I am not a Scientist then ) might have a dabble,which will really hack the Old Lass in the corner,who's an old Lincolnshire Land Army Girl and often compares the Zed to...."Sannds like an ol bloody tractor,that thing!"(done in a Lincolnshire accent )

Re the extra tubes, i put mine in and tapped them further with the butt of a screwdriver and nicley lodged Been in for a few thousand miles now covered all sorts of roads and speed and thems still there...just ask the neighbours
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Sorely tempted to give it a whirl!!,but..1 early starts and ..2 cul-de-sac..3 will more than likely equal complaints,what d'ya think...