Seen this on .org..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen this on .org.....

Angry Scam

I sent a response to the Belfast advert asking for the VIN. This is the reply from Clifford Pierce [clifford@pierce55.com]:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my 2006 MG ZT 4.6 V8 260bhp 5000 miles. The car is in perfect condition MOT and tax valid until 10 July 2010. I am located in Aberdeen, and I have the car with me, I will ship it from here on my expense through DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers).The payment will be handled securely through eBay. They will handle the financial part of this transaction, I will only take care of the shipping.If you want to make this purchase, the final price is 5,900 GBP. I ask a little for this great car since I am passing through a divorce with my wife and I need to get rid of it fast. Send me your name and address so I can start the case with eBay. They will contact you by email with instructions.
    Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best Regards! "

I emailed again asking for the VIN and heard nothing. It was only when I saw a post from Steve today that I thought that number looks familiar.

I had the same email. The alarm bells were already ringing...!

Thing is, someone will fall for it.

This is a scam thanks for letting me know. Thats not my car but they have used my reg. I suppose its to late to blank over my reg.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Can't we contact the police or someone to get this shite
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Is it somehow possible to set him/them up and in the process maybe getting an address,name,number? then letting him fall big style maybe then passing the info on to ebay or the Police.

Ebay is really strict with this.
    So if it is possible to prove they will take action.

I have been in something like this before and ebay took the seller and then took further actions to stop the seller (also paying me back the cost).

So i think who ever can prove this should post it to ebay (there is a special link for that).

I have contacted the local police and they will be sending someone out today. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the notification and help eStateTrooper and Philby777.

Steve.
    Last edited by stevemiller; 20-09-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Glad to hear. I would contact Ebay as well, seeing as he has used your reg number. Get him blocked.