I am afraid the good ones are few and far between. I paid £10450 15 months ago and I expected the values to drop cica £6k. I also thought the price's would then firm up.

I will not be selling as the car is now promised to my son. He is 14 and would never forgive. Even with no son in the equation if offered more than my £10.4k now I would not sell as I think I would not be able to be assured of a better car for that in the near future. This will be in part down to two factors.

First there are less good ones around and this will become more common due the the current low price and the purchasers ability to maintain the car in top condition.
Second owners such as myself unwilling to part even when offered top book value +.

This is why my car will be rust proofed later this year at rustmasters to preserve the car for as long as possible.

Therefore 7K seems good value for a good car, if the car is all you want in a car then I would not be too unhappy to increase my offer closer the the asking price. Thats my tuppence worth.

Steve.