Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer

Thread: Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ZT 260SE

Andrew, many thanks for posting info on your car.

Unfortunatly I feel we are a bit apart price wise, as much as I beleive how well your car sounds, I will hold out for something priced in the region of what they have been selling for and also what I'm aiming to pay.

Kinds Regards

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by W88CHY View Post
    I will hold out for something priced in the region of what they have been selling for
    The only ones I have seen priced at the stated value of £6,000 are the higher mileage ones, non-se's, models with patchy history and/or Cat D examples.

You pays your money, you makes your choice!

ZT 260SE

Also at the end of the day, it all depends how much a seller needs to sell (which Andrew doesn't) - thus as a buyer I am in a better position if indeed they do need to sell (sounds ruthless/selfish, but it's the way of the world I'm afraid).

As I have stated, I am not dead set on a 260 yet, just in my choices.

MG & Mini nut.

Just my thoughts as an unbiased party... you two aren't that far apart on price: 'circa £6,000' and 'nearer £7,000'. Andrew's price seems reasonable considering it's relatively low mileage, the fact it's an SE (a bit heavier but more toys!), recent rear tyres (if Continentals these are about £150 each) and the extra exhaust pipes (the X power ones would probably fetch a fair price if sold on).

£6K has to be a trade-in price. The decent ones are unlikely to go much lower surely - they're becoming recognised as collectible, and the supply of suitably mollycoddled cars is steadily reducing.

Good time to buy if you can get one for £7K - it wouldn't be enough to buy mine!

Colin Sparrow, tearful ex-owner...

ZT 260SE

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Novi View Post
    £6K has to be a trade-in price.
    Trade in is much lower, roughly £5-5.5k (if not lower, all depends on what it's getting P/X for)

I have been watching the market for a while, I don't know if it's due to the scaremongering that the media have brainwashed us with this alleged recession - but big disposable income cars have taken a hit.

Obviously if a seller can afford to wait for a certain price fair enough, BUT, if they need to sell - and the buyers aren't knocking the door down, then an offer is better than no offer.

I'll lay my cards, for a Mk1 SE I would say to me personally - £6k cash is tops - Mk2 a bit more (all subject to condition/history etc).

I suppose the old saying is true to a certain extent, "a cars only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay" and at this time, there are not a lot of buyers wanting sub 20mpg, group 20 insurance etc.

(No offence is meant by any of my post, just my personal opinion as a car buyer - I hope I havn't trodden on anyones toes )

I suppose the old saying is true to a certain extent, "a cars only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay" and at this time, there are not a lot of buyers wanting sub 20mpg, group 20 insurance etc.
    I have three people wanting 20mpg, group 20 ins english built V8 engined MG saloons, so the market is there although small for these beasts that are getting rarer and i think now the prices have seen rock bottom and will go back up with time.

if a CAT D MK1 with no history makes over £5,000 then a decent one will certainly make more than £6k privately, and quite rightly so.

AM's car is worth upto £7k privately all day long

JB @ Elite