New here, prospective owner! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here, prospective owner!

Welcome Bernard, good to see you over here too.

Good luck with the hunt and you know we're here if you need any help
    #390 - It's not easy being green... and gold and yellow

Bernard, if you change your mind and could cope with a manual, I have an xpower grey SE with black int that will be up for sale!
    Keep it on the road!
    Regards, Graham

All black, black, black. bernard lpg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GED View Post
    Bernard, if you change your mind and could cope with a manual, I have an xpower grey SE with black int that will be up for sale!
    Please do not tempt me! Especially if it's a pre-face lift in non boy-racer colour.

Zeb, I don't love you any more!

I still don't know who took off in front of us at Cosford. I owe you!

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    Please do not tempt me! Especially if it's a pre-face lift in non boy-racer colour.

Zeb, I don't love you any more!

I still don't know who took off in front of us at Cosford. I owe you!

On a serious note Bernard, if you are concerned about the harder ride, don't be...I have a Scholl heated car seat and back massager in the 190 for the long journeys and with that in, I can't tell much difference from the 75....except it goes around corners properly of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    On a serious note Bernard, if you are concerned about the harder ride, don't be...I have a Scholl heated car seat and back massager in the 190 for the long journeys and with that in, I can't tell much difference from the 75....except it goes around corners properly of course!
    Would that be the massager you brought back from Thailand?
    Equally seriously, I don't find the ZT particularly hard a ride compared to my Honda Legend Coupe for example. It's the manual box and clutch which I find a chore, especially in a hold-up in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    Would that be the massager you brought back from Thailand?
    Equally seriously, I don't find the ZT particularly hard a ride compared to my Honda Legend Coupe for example. It's the manual box and clutch which I find a chore, especially in a hold-up in traffic.
    Ummm.... you USE the gears???? Why take it anywhere where there is traffic...
    Last edited by Zeb; 27-05-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Ummm.... you USE the gears???? Why take it anywhere where there is traffic...
    We don't all live in the Boondocks!
    We at least see the occasional tractor in the middle of road which neccessitates a gearchange.

Oh! I forgot. I'm not speaking to you, I'm still off in a huff.

Hi Bernard, if you insist on having one of those automatic thingys, then give Rover Ron a ring at Best of British Darlaston-don't have the number, but it'll be on the net. He's got a Pearl Black 75 V8 Tourer done 19000mls on "05" plate. He did have it for sale a while back. Just one thing-you can't have it supercharged and there is one reason not to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by John Newey View Post
    Hi Bernard, if you insist on having one of those automatic thingys, then give Rover Ron a ring at Best of British Darlaston-don't have the number, but it'll be on the net. He's got a Pearl Black 75 V8 Tourer done 19000mls on "05" plate. He did have it for sale a while back. Just one thing-you can't have it supercharged and there is one reason not to have one!
    Not a good idea for me to have a Tourer really (although I'd love it) as I would be putting bags of cement in the back.
    I try to keep a tatty Merc Estate for that kind of job but I wouldn't want to drive it any more given a Tourer on the drive.
    Hey! I could get a monster LPG tank in the back of a Tourer!