Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Thread: Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our family car before the 260 was a Vauxhall Zafira. We bought this car as a pre registered ex demo car. I thought that as we had just started a family, I should for the first time in my life buy a sensible car. Also as I had my Mustang for summer use, I could just about cope with driving such a dull car.
    I always really look after my cars well, including the Zafira, and over four years of ownership it still looked immaculate. However it was a complete piece of junk. The Main ECU packed up in the first month, and we had lots of problems with it for the first two years, it then did'nt cause major problems until the warranty run out. When it had major electrical problems it took trips to two Vauxhall dealers and one independent garage to fix.
    This took around three weeks and with a few other problems cost us £2200.

It did seem to have a sense of humor though, When we were at the Safari park it decided to lower one of the rear windows and then keep it open. And of course we were in the Lion enclosure.

I know this may have been a "Rogue" car but it has put me of sensible cars for a while.

Good luck,

SJR
    Last edited by SJR; 09-02-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.