Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Thread: Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My 260 is my only car so short, long, any trips it has to do. Another lorry driver here and mine does some short trips too, usualy when i want an extra 10 minutes in bed....2am is so early

I think from owning Mg-Rover cars since i started driving has taught me that with the rough comes the smooth. You fix one problem and another arrives and you think what the hell am i doing? Well, once its all sorted you have the satisfaction of knowing its fixed.

One of my big moments of "i f-ing want to get shot of this car" was my trusty 620SDi. Had to have the clutch replaced, then not a few months later the box went. And then the slave cylinder. Cost a fair bit, but as i needed the car for long distance stuff for travelling between uni and home, i knew once it was all sorted it would be great. Yep, another 100,000 miles great without a hitch.

When i bought my 260, i was really panicked by reading the problems with the cars. BUT, ask yourself why, apart from the fun/social side, do we go on the forums like this? To search for advice and help on problems, so the more info on here the better.

My car is pants on fuel consumption round town i can get 15mpg, but thats because i dont drive like a lunatic, but enthusiasticaly, i.e when i see a gap to overtake i down a gear and go as i love the roar of the car!. But when i want, or my wallet dictates i sit at a nice 70, proper gear changes at islands etc.. and even with my cams i can get a nice 25mpg which my V6 ZT would only manage tops 30mpg.

Sounds like your on a downer because the problems have all come to a head, its a confusing time as you start looking at other cars etc.. and think well what if?...

If those problems are fixed, i shouldnt see a reason why you cant rely on it going to work, in fact thats the best time to go

Chin up, go for a nice long drive on a favorite bit of road, crank the tunes up and see why you love the car

Edit- Ian/Lowey who do you drive for?
    Last edited by Stu C; 06-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence