2004 MG ZT-T 260SE plus Full SE Pack - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2004 MG ZT-T 260SE plus Full SE Pack

I set myself a target when I sold my saloon of getting a tidy ZTT260 Se for 7k tops, next spring perhaps?
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I set myself a target when I sold my saloon of getting a tidy ZTT260 Se for 7k tops, next spring perhaps?
    A ZT-T260SE for less than £7k? That would have to be seriously worn smooth. I would hope so anyway!

7k? Who knows? They are much more sought after than the saloon though. Choices at the moment appear to be:

2004 non-se with 20k miles for £10k
    2004 SE with 76k miles for £10k
    2006 SE with 20k miles for £12.5k
    or my one:
    2004 SE with 30k miles for £9k

See - Bargain!
    Last edited by SteveTD; 18-11-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Seeing as the economic climate is so favourable; the political support for a V8 is so strong; and the time of the year is perfect for selling a car, I thought it was worth giving my advert a bump!

Steve, I don't agree with your comments about saloons having taken a hammering and estates not. You know as well as I do that each car has to be taken on it's merits and the price should reflect-colour,service history,condition,age etc. Oh and just one more thing-My gas gazzling V8 that keeps getting older and doing more miles has fallen in value? NO, I just won't have it!!

John, The estates are in far less numbers so if the supply/demand rules are to apply, then they will hold their values better. Look at the 14k Rover 75 Estate on Autotrader?! (V Nice example by the way)

However, if we are talking Shot Silk 260 SE Saloon's then I would agree they will too hold their values quite well (I'll have it off you when your finished with it ).
    Black, silver and grey saloons which were built in their hundreds - less so.

Currently, the two most expensive V8's are estates - your Rover and an MG ZTT at £12.5k.

Steve, your opinions on car values and colours are very much your own and people should be aware of that.

Not everyone likes flip paint jobs such as shot silk and the like, me included, and whereas owners of 'rare' paint/colour schemes will be pleased to hear you talking them up, it does not make them more valuable than those colours which were produced in greater numbers, such as X-Power grey, silver and black.
    They were produced in greater numbers because those colours are more popular, and therefore in greater, or at least similar demand, car for car.

Rare does not equal valuable. If MGR made 5 cars in flip yellow and 50 in silver, it was because they thought they would sell 10 times as many silver cars. Don't let your enthusiasm for a particular colour scheme cloud your common sense.

I am not trying to get into a debate here, just to level the playing field. The same numbers equation applies to Estates/Saloons.

Sorry Phil

We have gone round the houses on this debate over the years haven't we! I never tire of this debate either.

Oh, my common sense was clouded many years ago - nothing to do with cars!

The demand side of the supply/demand equation is not driven by scarcity, it's driven by genuine demand.
    You could have the only example of a colour scheme (like the saffron one) but it could easily be worth little if no-one was interested. (Because, for instance, it had cream seats!)
    A

Don't care what mine is worth I just like it. With my dealer discount I paid £28k for mine developed a blower kit for it, will not say how much that cost. Its still the best car I have owned and I have had some very good cars. Still love my little red car though.