My rebuild using Teksid block and fully forged (Rated to 650 BHP capability) will be running as the previous two blocks that failed on me 400 bhp. My man maths may be incorrect but this is my rough calculation. Engine $7375 plus Sundries $2328 ($9703 @ 1/1.38 = £7031 plus carriage (£500 - £2100) plus import duties = total £9.5k to £11k. Then install (I have the S/C already (Dreadnought 2010) plus heads 1 possibly 2 means not much change £14k. At a £14k on the road cost the car should just be around its selling potential (Not for Sale). I have chosen this route as with all the best intentions and providence my first engine popped around 50k miles and the second 7k miles at install plus only 2k miles of further use I want to know I will not break this third install, touch wood. I could only justify this as the car has been in my hands since early 2008, I know the car.

To S/C on a car that could have been over 6000 revs a number of time if you are second, third owner etc is asking for trouble. A new crate 5.0 will cost around £9k unless already in the UK and then you have still got to get it in the car. I would say you really, really need to want this to justify the cost. Worth it if you plan to keep for many a year, like me.

A poor man signing off!