ZT-T number 481 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZT-T number 481

Thanks for the links, ZT-Ts don't seem to come up very often so it is hard to gauge a price.

I don't have any pics at the moment, but the only modification I can see from the outside is black Apex alloys, might even be pearl black.

I have changed the thread title to correct VIN.

Is this car for sale at the moment? If so you could post a link which may throw up more history.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Thanks Nich.

It is currently for sale, but at the moment I am the only one who knows (apart from the owner), so if I don't decide to buy it then I'm sure an advert will appear online for it.

There is nothing on the database to suggest it has been damaged, written off, etc.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Welcome Tom to the Group. There are not many Estates for sale. So if you want one and the Car is OK, Buy it. I looked a long time before I found my ZT-T and it that time there where more on the Market.

Good luck André

My personal take on the ZT-T: I was originally looking for a saloon when I bought mine back in 2007. But all I could find on the continent were tourers. So I ended up buying one.

All I can say is that if it had been a saloon, I would have sold it a long time ago. But the added practicality (even if you don't have kids, but just a garden or a bike) makes it really worthwhile. And I like the "shooting brake" sportscar character. It also has better weight distribution (and a slightly lower top speed, but that hasn't really bothered me so far ).
    MG ZT-T 260 in X-power grey, n° 555, LHD
    MG TF 160 BRG, LHD
    Lotus Evora 2010 Platinum silver LHD

Thanks for all your help so far guys.

The car belongs to the neighbour of a relative, what I know at the moment is that it hasn't moved in about a year, and has been in and out of the garage with problems that no one has managed to solve yet. The owner is back at the end of next week. So I'll find out what he is hoping to sell it for then.

If it is a sensible price considering the problems then I'll snap it up. Just by looking at the outside of it I have got a fair list of things that would need doing! Nothing major, but it all adds up.

For a few quid HPI it.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Marsh View Post
    For a few quid HPI it.
    Best money you will ever spend. I looked at several and it surprised me how many had a history. A Cat C or D can easily knock 33% off the value on what appears to be a good car. You might not mind but when you come to sell it the prospective new owner probably will.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by T0m4ever View Post
    it hasn't moved in about a year, and has been in and out of the garage with problems that no one has managed to solve yet.
    If it is a sensible price considering the problems then I'll snap it up.
    Just by looking at the outside of it I have got a fair list of things that would need doing! Nothing major, but it all adds up.
    This forum should have the answers, I don't know of any 260 that has been irretrievable, It just takes time and money.

List the challenges and we should be able to value the repair and average car worth.

Good Luck.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple