Thread: #073

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Richb View Post
    Thanks for all your help last night Herman (there's a bottle on its way to you ��), the last half of the journey was a lot smoother as a V8 rather than a V6! Although my check engine light is permanently on now so hope I haven't done anything serious driving it with the misfire.

The car is locked up in the garage now and I need to address the issues it has (main ones are speedo not working and abs light on since previous owner had a new offside front wheel bearing fitted, and a BCU error causing the electric windows to be swapped and central locking not to work. I'll start a new thread when I get the chance and post up some pics.

Cheers,
    Rich
    #073 260SE Monogram Garnet Red
    It's a shame I couldn't get the OBD to work yesterday, but I think the engine light came on because of pulling the coil-packs to find the faulty ones.
    An than again after both were fitted to make sure the drop in tone was the same every time.

In that case the light should go out after a few normal drives.
    As for the ABS, I believe the speed is driven from the N/S sensor so if the bearing is installed correctly it might be the sensor itself.
    It could be they installed the bearing the wrong way around and the sensor is not seeing the reluctor.

With regards to the BCU, try a battery reset (battery disconnect for 30 mins or so). This should also clear the engine light btw if no fault present.

Good luck

PS. It just dawned on me that you're only 30mls away from Nick (Austin Garages). Might be worth asking him to give it a once over
    Last edited by Herman; 31-12-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: lightbulb moment
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.