New Boy On The Block

Thread: New Boy On The Block

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would change the diff oil. It is quite an easy task. The oil is available from Dreadnought.

The word is that it should be changed at 1000 miles from new, then it is good for 150k. As you probably don't know whether it was changed, I would do it now.

There is no need to change the gearbox oil for 120k, but I would change the engine oil and plugs. Get the oil filter and drain plug kit from Dreadnought. The drain plug is made of plasticene (not really) and you will need a new one.

If you're feeling flush while you're speaking to Dreadnought (or ebay), you may want to order a K&N air filter. The OE paper ones can get quite wet and the K&N is almost a fit and forget. A bit fiddly to change, but if you read through a few threads on the subject, you will see that it is worth checking the air filter housing while it's out, for a drain hole and sealing the joint properly, as water can cause a slight misfire in very heavy rain on the motorway if you don't.

The only other two things you must check are the heater hose and the fuel tank filter clip.

And welcome !,

Phil
    Last edited by Phil; 14-04-2008 at 09:13 AM.