Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes I saw your bike AndyG very patriotic, another world leading British machine

So here are some more pictures of my new car no.689. I'm continuing on this thread because I thought it shows how good the forum is when you can post in search of a rare spec car and a couple of days later someone comes along with exactly what you're after

I was looking around for a suitable spot and thought this would be nice. The oak tree is probably 400 years old and it's raining so it's a classic British setting. Not too great on 'the green ice' though, glad of the lsd in escaping that treacherous flat field

No leaks or broken mechanisms here... ever!

The ride and handling is a lot sharper than what I'm used to with the stiff suspension and low profile tyres. Have to see how I get used to it but I notice the 75 version had 17" wheels so maybe they would be a bit more pliant (I'm really not a fast driver)?

This is the depth of rubber I'm used to lol

Halogen bulbs here, if one breaks it's just a trip to Halfords. Bill gave me a 3M polishing kit with the car so I should be able to clear up that mistyness

Manual half leather seats - perfect

Windy windows in the back, you only get these in the very lightest and most exotic sports cars nowadays

Nice, simple and I could update the head unit if I wanted ipod stuff (not that I have an ipod)

Rust on the chassis but still solid. Am I missing an undertray here? I'm going to book it in for rustproofing to stop this from getting any worse

Just emailed Zero about buying end cans for it so watch this space

George