RE the CAT D status, i dont get involved in buying or selling CAT reg drama cars, as they are exactly that and as there are so many proper cars out here to buy, why bother. people who buy cat repaired cars generally do so as they cant afford a proper one

however in 15 yrs in the trade i have come across the odd 1 or 2 in PX (sometimes where the owner didnt know ! it was cat reg) and whenever i have traded or sold them at auction they have made around 65-70% or pre accident money. so thats why i said about my thoughts on value. if they were only 10% less you wouldnt bother !!

the only way you can buy or sell one with confidence is to have accident damage photos and report then and there, as the advert states rear bumper and wing damage, but how does anyone know or believe that without evidence or if there was floorpan / roof damage, which is highly likely. just look on ebay and there are lots of private CAT reg adverts saying "mint condition" "as good as new" "repaired to main dealer std", most of them will be sub standard as i have seen many of these cat cars to value in PX and decline most of them as they are normally poor std and have hidden dramas or faults and i would rather walk away from trouble

generally most cars repaired after cat C or D status start off being repaired properly, then repair costs spiral and people cut corners and 90% of cat repaired cars never get finished properly and always have those bodywork / electrical / mechanical issues

this is info from experienced professional bodyshops where they get people coming in for repairs to cat cars not repaired correctly

CAT repaired cars - "CAVEAT EMPTOR"