Mk1 SE Supercharged V8 for sale

Thread: Mk1 SE Supercharged V8 for sale

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mk1 SE Supercharged V8 for sale

Hi all,

I've been living in the sticks for 18 months now and have found it more practical to leave the V8 at home and use the 4x4.

So with reluctance I have decided to let the V8 go. It has 82K on the clock and approx. 5k since the blower was fitted by dreadnought.

I've had it 4.5 years and bought it straight from MGR. In that time it's been my daily runner and hence the mileage.

However do not let this put off any potential buyers. The oil has been changed every 5K, and Brian Luti assured me that the compression figures he recorded show less than 1% loss across all cylinders (apparently this is impressive). It has had the aircon compressor replaced at about 20K (and blows nice and cold), the heater valve replaced at roughly the same time(and blows nice and hot) and the clutch uprated to a cobra unit when the slave cylinder went at 70K.

The coolant was replaced by myself at 50K, and also the front pads and discs at roughly the same time.

It has a good black leather interior, not perfect but still excellent. Satnav, CD changer, heated seats.

It also has the Xpower boxes but I think I have the originals somewhere.

The paintwork is good but there are a couple of small chips on the bonnet, a small ding on the rear nearside quarter and 2 trolley scrapes on the offside front and rear bumpers. The paintwork is cellestial blue metallic. I could repair the problems and ensure a sale using a smart repairer but an enthusast may wish to source original paint, so I am prepared to take a good offer.

The only other niggle with it is a slight vibration at about 1,500 revs. I never even noticed it but Brian Luti suspects it's the gearbox input shaft that was probably affected when Farnells Guiseley (the useless g*ts) stressed it slightly fitting the new clutch. Nothing to worry about, not irritating just slightly different to this car.

So. What do I want? Wel truth be know I don't know. the car without the blower is probably worth £5-6K? With the blower it has to offer a competitive price against an enthusiast upgrading for new.

I'm not desperate to sell but I do think its a shame for this superb machine to sit on the drive all the time.

With the paint and vibration I'd have to knock £500 off so overall I think £10K?

BUT, I'm open to offers.

more pictures can be found in the gallery.
    Last edited by ackroman; 20-06-2009 at 06:00 PM.