Goooooooooood Evening Good Evening Good Evening Good Evening
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goooooooooood Evening Good Evening Good Evening Good Evening

Default Goooooooooood Evening Good Evening Good Evening Good Evening

Hello folks
    Those of you who know me from elsewhere will probably by now know that I've just bought a 260 on Wednesday, it's an 04 plate SE in Disappointing Grey & is a Cat D write off but the damage is sooooo minimal.

I found it accidentally just over a week ago whilst out scratching about the local yards, I had been looking at a 75 & a 1.8 ZT for bits but there was nowt worth having but on the way back to my car I saw it lurking behind a Fiat Taxi so went across for a look & as soon as I saw the little badge on the front wing I turned into an excited schoolboy

So for the next few days I mulled it over & then decided to go for it but I was tipped off that it had just been listed on ebay so I was gutted & then someone started a thread about it on the 75/zt forum & I thought "I'm gonna lose this here" so I checked the ad & no bids so I rang the yard owner & told him I wanted that car so he said fine & I put a deposit on it.............WHAT?...........nooooo a monetary deposit & then went with the balance to collect it on Thursday.

It needs a front bumper & headlamp & fog & indicator plus a small repair to the bonnet & front wing so I stripped off all the damaged stuff yesterday & the only "hidden" problem was the entire air intake was smashed to bits but after a tip off from tonybubble I have got one coming.

Aside from this damage it needs a brake pipe, a set of rear pads, front discs & pads & a tyre so all in all I'm very pleased with my purchase

Welcome along!

You might want to put a K&N on it when you rebuild the air intake as they are difficult to access when back together,

Funny how such minimal damage leads to a write off these days, another one saved

Well yeah I'm looking into all options but I'll still buy the complete standard intake & take it from there. I did almost identical damage to my ZT-T last winter & I repaired it myself as I feared it would be written off.

Here's a few pics

Best thing I ever did was buy mine mate. you'll never look back
    Dave

No 88 - gone but never forgotten.....

The K&N is a replacement for the standard filter, not a revised intake BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    The K&N is a replacement for the standard filter, not a revised intake BTW
    Oh I see an oe style, oh well I'll most likely do that then if there's enough left in the pot after the repairs. We've had the T4 on it & given it a health check & enabled/disabled a few dealer options & apart from right hand dipped beam defective everything else cleared & stayed away, also I now have a 2nd key courtesy of marinabrian as it only came with one (just needs the blade cutting)

It certainly looks good for a scrapyard find!

Doesnt look too expensive to sort, now if only you could swap the colours over from your other one

Aye I thought about that, swap the bits that fit & get the back end painted to match

Welcome along Colin, don't forget to complete your questionnaire
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Welcome along Colin, don't forget to complete your questionnaire
    Thanks Tim......................that's the bit that costs me money isn't it? afraid it'll have to wait for now