Hi new to ownership
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi new to ownership

Default Hi new to ownership

Hi Guys, just bought mk2 260 from a member on here "fishy" no: 395. truly amazing car!! loved every minute of my 4 hour journey home!

im based in benfleet essex so if there are any members near by maybe we can get in contact? i've just sent my form off to Tim so waiting to hear back.

Also just some info on the engine and what i need to look out for if there is any issues etc.

Had a good polish up yesterday and today im trying to get round to cleaning the engine. im fussy with the engine bay so going to get rid of the dust and water splash marks etc.

hope to speak to some of you guys soon!

Welcome and enjoy. There are a number of things to check for. Top hose to heater matrix upgraded from black rubber to blue silicon. Fuel clip in tank. And check the plenum area drain tubes are clear. There can be others but touch wood thats all I have done/do to date in three and a half years.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Welcome along hanz. There are one or two near you, and I visit Southend quite often for the Saturday cruse every now and again.
    Chris Barrett..
    Sunny Melton Mowbray by the sea

THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL WAS AN IDIOT!

Now, the man who invented the other three, he was a genius.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Hi and welcome
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Hi Chaps, thanks for the heads up. the pipe has been replaced but i think is a OEM part. im assuming the pipe is an aftermarket item? where can i get aftermarket parts from?

Also! may sound stupid but checked the oil today and needed to top it up and also checked the water and topped that up too. the water min/max is it me or are they really close? meaning it doesnt take much to go to max or to run to min. maybe 3rd of a pint? or am i topping up to the wrong part?

Quote Originally Posted by wraith01mg View Post
    Welcome along hanz. There are one or two near you, and I visit Southend quite often for the Saturday cruse every now and again.
    Hey next time your down let me know i'll go for a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemiller View Post
    Welcome and enjoy. There are a number of things to check for. Top hose to heater matrix upgraded from black rubber to blue silicon. Fuel clip in tank. And check the plenum area drain tubes are clear. There can be others but touch wood thats all I have done/do to date in three and a half years.
    The top hose doesn't have to be blue, does it? Just silicon. Mine's shiny but black.
    Arthur Bullard
    MG ZT-T SE Mk1 #036, Le Mans Green, Press Car

Quote Originally Posted by Hans gruber View Post
    Also! may sound stupid but checked the oil today and needed to top it up and also checked the water and topped that up too. the water min/max is it me or are they really close? meaning it doesnt take much to go to max or to run to min. maybe 3rd of a pint? or am i topping up to the wrong part?
    I never topped up the oil between services (even when between the marks), but if it is near low level mark I guess you would.
    As for the coolant, fill up until you can just see the max-mark.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Welcome to greenest Mark. loads of people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans gruber View Post
    Hi Guys, just bought mk2 260 from a member on here "fishy" no: 395. truly amazing car!! loved every minute of my 4 hour journey home!

im based in benfleet essex so if there are any members near by maybe we can get in contact? i've just sent my form off to Tim so waiting to hear back.

Also just some info on the engine and what i need to look out for if there is any issues etc.

Had a good polish up yesterday and today im trying to get round to cleaning the engine. im fussy with the engine bay so going to get rid of the dust and water splash marks etc.

hope to speak to some of you guys soon!
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.