Insurance woes!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance woes!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

wouldn't say its that bad, i was insuring my 260 for about £800 before i sold it, and my cerbera is around the same, 11 years no claims. what does suck is that my 11 year old jeep with 108k on it has to be insured using completely new no claims as you can't use now claims on two cars, although did managed to get the insurance company to match them which brought it down.
    Peter Essling

Just renewed with NFU Mutual, Myself and Wife as nameddrivers. Fully comp, protected NCD, £250 excess plus £100high performance excess, No mileage limit but I told them 3k, coveredsocial, domestic and pleasure purposes and commuting. Use by any entitleddriver for the policy holders business and use other than the policyholdersbusiness.
    Exclusions: commercial traveling, racing, speed testing, competition, rallies (other than treasure hunts) track days, hire orreward, or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade.
    Allfor the sum of £498.48 plus insurance premium tax.

I probably helps that I have max no claims and live in a semi rural area, It maybe that reaching the age of 53 helps. The NFU also have a sliding discount depending on how many years you have held a policy with them.

When I tried a comparison web site only one firm would entertain me at £1,700 !

Both the MGB's are insured with Peter Best.

No. 64 MG 260SE