Insurance woes!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance woes!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Insurance woes!!

Now then guys,

I am 22 years old and looking to buy a zt260. Only trouble is, the insurance regulations have just altered for under 25's. My last insurance quote was a reasonable £1500 but now it seems the cheapest I can get is £2200. I have no convictions on my licence which I have held since 17 years old. I have also never had any claims for insurance. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get a better quote? I have tried confused.com, which gave me the £2200 as the best. My current insurer, Aviva have said they are unable to provide me with a quote :/

Any advice would be greatly received, as I would love to own one of these epic machines.

Cheers, Chris

Have you tried Peter Best insurance, not sure if they deal with younger drivers, but they might be able to insure it under a classic policy iof you dont do much mileage

Peter Best wouldn't even quote me as I was under 30 since the insurance changes.

I went with Adrian Flux in the end (I'm 29 though)
    James Curgenven
    ZT 260 SE #455 "Hobbes - The Rumblebee"
    "By my deeds I honour him, V8."

Unfortunately Chris. The cooky is not crumbling in a good way at the mo. Due to my cars paint Job being ruined earlier this year by a vandal, I've lost 9 years no claimes and am paying £1100 per year on mine now from £600 unlimited milage.

I hate to say it, you may struggle to find better than £1500 PA.

However, the very best of luck Chris.
    Last edited by wraith01mg; 05-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Chris Barrett..
    Sunny Melton Mowbray by the sea

THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL WAS AN IDIOT!

Now, the man who invented the other three, he was a genius.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Try Admiral Direct or Performance Direct.....

#057 - Trophy Blue The Chunky Chap's Avatar

Admiral or Elephant I reckon. I was 21 when I got mine (last year) and paid around £1400 and this year that's gone down to £1100 (now 22), both with Elephant but I think Admiral are pretty much the same company. Oh, that was 2 and 3 years NCB, respectively, with no limit on mileage and no claims/convictions.

HTH

P.S. Not sure if this is still the case, but when I first got mine, there was a £500 per annum increase (!) for SE over non-SE.
    Last edited by The Chunky Chap; 05-10-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Simon

hi there cris i bought my 260 when i was 23 and i insured it with direct line fully comp for £950 dont know if you have tried them but worth a go. The second year with them it went up to £1350 for some reason but im 25 now and got my renewal yesterday its gone down to £850. Good luck m8

thanks for the advice guys. i have just looked on temporary insurance cover sites (to cover me going to test drive one) and the youngest i can be to be covered is 23 so i guess i'm out of the loop for another 8 months :/ still i guess it will give me more time to save to cover for fully comp insurance.

£1500 to me was reasonable because at the age of 17 i acquired a brand new kia picanto 1.0 (which i still have as my daily driver) and i was paying £1800 on it then as it was a "new car and new driver" (it only cost £4995 to buy!). On the other hand, i also have a classic mini cooper sport 500 which does little mileage a year (only goes out in fine weather) and that is insured for £330 per year *shrugs* lol the comment bout the banks/ cowboys made me laugh

Stick your mum on your policy as a named driver, usually helps a little. Also consider doing pass plus and/or IAM if you haven't already. My best 260 quote is around £1300 but then I've had a bump that was own fault which doesn't help and I'm 27 with 7+ years of no claims. Insurance is always creeping up though, my cover on my IS200 went up £95 for no reason the last renewal.
    Being under 30 sucks hard for anything tasty to drive.
    Last edited by Scourge_151; 12-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.

It's sucky for all Of us I'm afraid. Not helped by vandals, theives and the uninsured. Mind you. The insurance companies are the biggest bunch of pirates this side of tortuger.
    Chris Barrett..
    Sunny Melton Mowbray by the sea

THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL WAS AN IDIOT!

Now, the man who invented the other three, he was a genius.