Insurance woes!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance woes!!

Default Insurance woes!!

Now then guys,

I am 22 years old and looking to buy a zt260. Only trouble is, the insurance regulations have just altered for under 25's. My last insurance quote was a reasonable £1500 but now it seems the cheapest I can get is £2200. I have no convictions on my licence which I have held since 17 years old. I have also never had any claims for insurance. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get a better quote? I have tried confused.com, which gave me the £2200 as the best. My current insurer, Aviva have said they are unable to provide me with a quote :/

Any advice would be greatly received, as I would love to own one of these epic machines.

Cheers, Chris

Have you tried Peter Best insurance, not sure if they deal with younger drivers, but they might be able to insure it under a classic policy iof you dont do much mileage

Peter Best wouldn't even quote me as I was under 30 since the insurance changes.

I went with Adrian Flux in the end (I'm 29 though)
    James Curgenven
    ZT 260 SE #455 "Hobbes - The Rumblebee"
    "By my deeds I honour him, V8."

Unfortunately Chris. The cooky is not crumbling in a good way at the mo. Due to my cars paint Job being ruined earlier this year by a vandal, I've lost 9 years no claimes and am paying £1100 per year on mine now from £600 unlimited milage.

I hate to say it, you may struggle to find better than £1500 PA.

However, the very best of luck Chris.
    Last edited by wraith01mg; 05-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Chris Barrett..
    Sunny Melton Mowbray by the sea

THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL WAS AN IDIOT!

Now, the man who invented the other three, he was a genius.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Try Admiral Direct or Performance Direct.....

#057 - Trophy Blue The Chunky Chap's Avatar

Admiral or Elephant I reckon. I was 21 when I got mine (last year) and paid around £1400 and this year that's gone down to £1100 (now 22), both with Elephant but I think Admiral are pretty much the same company. Oh, that was 2 and 3 years NCB, respectively, with no limit on mileage and no claims/convictions.

HTH

P.S. Not sure if this is still the case, but when I first got mine, there was a £500 per annum increase (!) for SE over non-SE.
    Last edited by The Chunky Chap; 05-10-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Simon

Admiral, Elephant or Bell. Oddly they do give different quotes despite being the same group. I also was with Bell when i first got the car for 2 years, then when i wanted to declare my "new" throttle body they wouldn't touch it. So looked around, Adrian Flux did not only insure all my mods, but are also £300 a year cheaper with only £150 excess.

Got the car at 23 was paying like Simon about £1400, then 24 was about £1300 and now paying £1100. Change my occupation and think iirc it shaves another £150/£200 off. Also paying that with two years NCB and 1 accident technically my fault, and another that most definatly was not lol!

It does annoy me when someone has been driving since 17 with no convictions etc... yet they still penalise them. My brother is the same, 6 years NCB no accidents or convictions and still pays through the nose on a diesel vectra
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

£1500 to me is not reasonable
    but othoh when I was your age I could not have even contemplated running something like a 260, that like the other performance cars I have owned came over a period of time and funds permitting

I find the £270 I pay to insure my 260 quite steep enough.
    I run three cars and have been driving without claim or accident for over 35 years I feel I have paid more than enough over the years for a bit of paper and to prop up the accident prone and uninsured types out there.

I think there ought to be a mega no claims bonus - 25 years and the insurance should then be free

That would pee them all off a bit!
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

My daughter was just quoted £2835 for her Suzuki Swift 1.3 by Diamond (also part of Admiral/Bell/Elephant). Bell quoted her a shade under £1300 on confused.com. When she contacted Bell to make sure they had all the correct details the finally said that it would be better to stay with Diamond who then price matched Bell after the agent passed her through to them. She finally got her insurance for £1243.

And we think banks are a bunch of cowboys.
    Dave Rushfirth

Empty garage where #138 used to be

hi there cris i bought my 260 when i was 23 and i insured it with direct line fully comp for £950 dont know if you have tried them but worth a go. The second year with them it went up to £1350 for some reason but im 25 now and got my renewal yesterday its gone down to £850. Good luck m8