Grrrrr, swirl marks!

Thread: Grrrrr, swirl marks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wraith01mg View Post
    I've bought some colour match polish to try and reduce the swirl marks. But as you say collin i'm going to have the car profesionaly detailed for Z10, in and out, £100 not too bad for a full days work for the guy.
    careful if its car plan t-cut colour fast black

while it may make it look good in the short term it will have stripped a thin but significant layer of paint/laquer to remove the swirls,

far better to use SRP which uses the most delicate of abrasives and fillers, it will preserve the paint work long into the cars life.

several passes of SRP can be used (but takes time), it may still show some swirls but better to live with that and know there is still the original laquer/paint left on the car with swirls.

I followed an almost new Black Jaguar XK a few days ago and when the direct sunlight hit the rear from certain angles the paint work lit up with swirls marks. Made me feel much more relaxed:

black cars + direct sun + clean = swirl marks

The wax acts as a lens.

Has anyone with a black car tried autoglym UDS yet?
    Last edited by MichaelG; 17-04-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    careful if its car plan t-cut colour fast black

while it may make it look good in the short term it will have stripped a thin but significant layer of paint/laquer to remove the swirls,

far better to use SRP which uses the most delicate of abrasives and fillers, it will preserve the paint work long into the cars life.
    cheers micheal i'll give that a go next time.
    Chris Barrett..
    Sunny Melton Mowbray by the sea

THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL WAS AN IDIOT!

Now, the man who invented the other three, he was a genius.