OAP Pete - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OAP Pete

Default Trickle charge

Do you have a power supply to hand and even better a tow bar?
    I use a C-Tec conditioner and have made up a link lead using the Neg and permanently live pin in the seven pin plug. The battery is always at peak charge and will not sulfate, the car is locked and the alarm active and when I want to drive away I remove it's case I have attached to the steering wheel as a reminder and unplug at the towing electrics.

The best solution I can think of.
    No. 64 MG 260SE

Default OAP Pete

Quote Originally Posted by V8NDV View Post
    Do you have a power supply to hand and even better a tow bar?
    I use a C-Tec conditioner and have made up a link lead using the Neg and permanently live pin in the seven pin plug. The battery is always at peak charge and will not sulfate, the car is locked and the alarm active and when I want to drive away I remove it's case I have attached to the steering wheel as a reminder and unplug at the towing electrics.

The best solution I can think of.
    No Mains power in my Garage afraid...so will disconnect Battery...and note Sat/nav light. Asked re-i know some makes of Cars ECUs can be upset re-Engine running...but appears all OK with 260. Thanks Pete.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

I use one of these.....absolutely superb

It works even on an overcast day. Just plug it in the cigarette socket and leave it on the dash. There is a long lead , as well as crocodile clips as well.