Alternator

Thread: Alternator

Default Alternator

Hi Guys does anyone know the price of an alternator ?? been quoted 120 plus 20 for belt.

is this not just a standard ford mustang part?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete,W View Post
    Hi Guys does anyone know the price of an alternator ?? been quoted 120 plus 20 for belt.

is this not just a standard ford mustang part?

Pete
    Brown & Gammons quote £210! The best price I have been quoted is £120, so probably not a bad deal from your chap.
    Tony Dennis
    I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues.

Default Alternator

Hi Guys
    There has been much written about alternators recently
    Whenever I get problems I take the alternator off the car and drop it into my local auto-electrical Mr Fixit and they usually manage to fix it on the bench. Very often it's a case of replacing diodes or rectifiers, although on one occasion they changed the field winding, replacing the damaged winding with one I got from a scrap yard. This from a similar sized, same make alternator with different end plates.
    They have a really ancient machine for testing alternators, it looks like something out of a Frankenstein movie but does the biz
    The last one they did for me was off a Toyota Hilux, a very expensive part to buy new because there is a vacuum pump on the back for the brake servo system
    Anyway check it out use your fingers to walk thro' the yellow pages and good luck
    Jenksman

We've managed to organise something through Pete on alternators I'm just about to create a new thread in the shop area.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.