505 going to Germany - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 505 going to Germany

Default Access

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Would love to have a look through all the lists, and hopefully one day find my dream ZTT 260, but.... its not allowing access? Am I one of the unprivileged?? Help...Ian

Quote Originally Posted by britscimguy69 View Post
    Would love to have a look through all the lists, and hopefully one day find my dream ZTT 260, but.... its not allowing access? Am I one of the unprivileged?? Help...Ian
    Afraid you have to be a full member to see those links.

Meaning owning a ZT 260 and be a member of the MGOC
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

i'm the brother
    so strictly speaking i own 505 too.... can i get access to these lists?

the plan is to supercharge it at some point when time allows. the car can clearly handle a lot more power but its still a lot of fun to drive thanks to its excellent handling and the noise of the x-power silencers. i think our's might be slightly down on power as i think it maxed out at about 135mph. not too sure what could be the cause - maybe just low compression. the factory tolerances of those engines are not great. you really need to rebuild them, machining the block for accurate compression, balancing rotating assembly and porting the intake and heads to get a good engine.

not sure what your problem at high speed was, ed. it felt fine to me.

oh - i bought an e60 m5 that i'm picking up tomorrow. range rover blew a head gasket, so i needed something to tide me over seemed as good a choice as any other car!

any details on that us import 'mustang station wagon' would be appreciated too.

you could remove the engine and ship the car and engine separately. but you'd still need to register the car someone and that would require either registration as a custom hand built car (state assigned vin) or faking it by stealing a vin from a another car. neither way is desirable to maintain the history of the car.

Welcome along brother to 505, sweet talk your sibling and get the password off him We have a couple of members who share with their partners/brothers.

If either of you have questions just post them up. The lists run by AndyG are voluntary and stay within the private forum due to spam bots for one thing.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Well 505 passed it's German inspection no problems at all. The inspector didn't check much really. I think he spent most of the time looking at how Rover changed it to RWD ;-) He accepted the RHD Xenon headlights as long as they were switchable, which they are and that was it. Probably the easiest inspection I've ever had! Bought four new Contis for it too which I'll fit once the car is registered.

Now it'll be getting a summer registration from April - October which saves on road tax and insurance.

BTW - Rover's rust protection underneath is very good, much better than Jaguars. The MG has no rust at all underneath unlike the '98 Jag which is rusting around all the seams!

Ed

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

well done, thats great news Ed!

Keep an eye on the underneath, they do corrode unfortunately
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Rest-home for strange V8s Tatra Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Now it'll be getting a summer registration from April - October which saves on road tax and insurance.
    But then you won't be able to use it to get to the slopes! - One of the reasons I'm trading up from a 190 to a 260 is because front-wheel-drive, especially on wide tyres, is useless for traction in snow.
    Use it!! No.123 - the 17th of 25 Mk.I ZT-T V8s

Rest-home for strange V8s Tatra Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greeners View Post
    Welcome along.....there was one imported into the states,and is still there....ir was registred as a Mustang Station Wagon......

Looks like a Mk.I SE in Trophy Blue. - A twin to the one I'm buying from Brian T.
    Last edited by Tatra Man; 06-11-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Use it!! No.123 - the 17th of 25 Mk.I ZT-T V8s