battery low light
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery low light

Default battery low light

Hi guys can anyone help,

I have been having problems with a drain on the battery, I have also got a near side side light out however it isn't permanently out its temperamental and some times flashes like a police car which then effects head light too.
    Could this be the possible reason for the drain if its earthling out ?

Thanks Pete

Pete you need to get a meter on it to find what is staying on etc. Alternatively take different combinations of fuses out.

The lights failing seems localised so would start feeling around on the wiring to see it its snagged up on something which may be resulting in shorting.

Also while checking, the age of the battery may need to be taken into account.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Agree on the battery issue - when they start to go the electrics can go really wierd, at least they did on mine.

If the battery is draining, check the sat nav (if fitted) is shutting down properly

Also what daily mileage are you doing - needs more than a short trip to put back in what starting takes out
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Hi Guys thanks for this, the battery is three months old the back up battery is five months old. I checked the sat nav and that is good, I have an auto electrician who is used to these beasts looking at it last week, yesterday, today, maybe tomorrow or even next week (obviously a busy man).
    Fingers crossed it?s the light, the alternator is good as I checked that and as for mileage I love driving it and travel 4-8 miles to the shop that?s 1 mile up the road

Quote Originally Posted by Pete,W View Post
    Hi guys can anyone help,

I have been having problems with a drain on the battery, I have also got a near side side light out however it isn't permanently out its temperamental and some times flashes like a police car which then effects head light too.
    Could this be the possible reason for the drain if its earthling out ?

Thanks Pete
    Do you have normal sidelights or LED ones. I had a similar problem with mine and had a dodgy LED. it also affected the Xenon on the same side.

Try replacing the sidelight first and see what happens. If not solved start looking for bad connections, specially earth strips and the like.

When I replaced my sidelight the problem disappeared
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Hi Max

cheers for this, i do have blue LED'S yes. was your battery draining then even when car was not running?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete,W View Post
    Hi Max

cheers for this, i do have blue LED'S yes. was your battery draining then even when car was not running?

Pete
    Probably, but as I use the car daily, didn't really notice

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

Thanks Buddy

I've LED's in mine and have had no issues and the car's no longer a daily driver - more like once a week now
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    I've LED's in mine and have had no issues and the car's no longer a daily driver - more like once a week now

Needs must I guess, at least you can keep it on the road.

As far as the LEDs goes, mine developed a small crack on the soldered surface, leading to an intermittent failure which led to the flashing effect of the Xenon. Replaced for new LEDs and all is fine now.

Herman