HELP Rear Springs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP Rear Springs

Good to hear Paul

Did you join up while you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Francks View Post
    Good news!

The rear spring were replaced at the MGOC workshop on Thursday for £474 including pre check and MOT. Only difference I can feel is that the rear end now feels slightly softer, but not by much. With the car now legal I can enjoy it on the road

Paul
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Default Help Rear Springs

Hi Tim,

I took the plunge and joined- got a discount from the workshop as a sweetener which helped.

Had a good look at the ZT500 as it was being delivered back from Gaydon- what a beast of a car- shame about the fuel leak but that's from standing.

One warning from the workshop, and it was a surprise. The parking brake shoes for the ZT260 are now unavailable, but they can get our old items relined. It shouldn't be a big issue for us as we are not stopping in the linings, just holding

Regards

Paul

Good man! Let me have your membership number and you'll notice you have a lot more to read now. .......and in green.

Hi Tim,

I took the plunge and joined- got a discount from the workshop as a sweetener which helped.

Had a good look at the ZT500 as it was being delivered back from Gaydon- what a beast of a car- shame about the fuel leak but that's from standing.

One warning from the workshop, and it was a surprise. The parking brake shoes for the ZT260 are now unavailable, but they can get our old items relined. It shouldn't be a big issue for us as we are not stopping in the linings, just holding

Regards

Paul
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

And don't forget he'll have access to the shop
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    And don't forget he'll have access to the shop
    Is this the one Colin?

arkwrights.jpg

http://www.luxortraveltips.com/eating/foodshopping.htm

Nich
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Very good! Alas no
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Hi Everyone

I'm Paul anf have just joined your forum. But I am in trouble big time and really need your help

I have had my 54 plated Mark 1 260 since buying it at the factory clearance from the receivers with 21 miles on the clock- it now has over 50k!

My problem? try two broken rear springs. Now the big issue- I cannot find any replacements- not even from the on line breakers.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Paul

Paul,

There is a company that does produce the springs. The name escapes me just for the moment but it is well known in the trade. I met the MD at a trade fair about three years ago. At that time the fronts were in production and the rears nearly ready to be manufactured (it might be the other way round). The springs were manufactured in the Netherlands and if I come across the full details I'll let you know.

regards,

Kev

Hi Gang,

Good news- The MGOC will supply and fit the springs - £380 fitted so booked it in on Friday- sorry Tim but I didn't see your post until afterwards.

Told these are being made to order so fingers crossed they work.

The odd thing is that I have never broken srings before- is this a design fault?

I have towed with my car- caravan to Goodwood- with no problem other than 16MPG, but collected my kit car on a trailer in the summer so wonder if thats what did it

Either way we should have another 260 on the road shortly!

In passing - rear tyres- I am getting through Contis and Bridgestones in around 5k miles- is this my lead foot, (or frightening the local hot hatch), or is this normal? i note Paul's 520 looks to be hard on its rears

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Always had 5k on Conti's, but 7k on Avon ZZ3's. You'd think the Germans might know a thing or two about getting high mileage on ersatz rubber but apparently they don't. Still can't beat a Michelin for mileage (perhaps not road holding) but relatively expensive.

cheers,

Kev