Front O/S Knocking

Thread: Front O/S Knocking

Default Front O/S Knocking

Though I 've had the front o/s lower suspension arm and anti-roll bar link rerplaced approx 1 year ago, for several months now, there is a concerning knock that sounds exactly what I experienced before I changed the above components, the sound of a worn ball joint! I've had the front o/s area inspected for movement/play etc by three good indepenent mecahanics and all of them reported no faults and they said it would get through an MoT irrespective ...really. This knock tends to be heard at around 30mph and below when driving on uneven surfaces and it appears to be slowly getting worse.

Can a lower suspension arm become worn in such short period of time but not necessarily show visibly any signs of wear?

For reference, I have also had the upper shocker bearing replaced.

Guys, any thoughts and experiences. Thanks.
    Phil Atkins.

Couldn't it be an engine mount that causes the issue.
    Don't see how it can fail again so soon unless it has taken a knocking from a pothole or such.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

I had my MOT on Wed Am, the car passed but the mechanic showed me some play in the front pax side wheel. I held the wheel at he top and rocked the car back and forth with some force and there was a slight movement. However, when Dave lifted the car off it's front wheels there was no sign of the movement. Everything looked ok from under the car sp we are a bit confused to what It may be??
    I will swap that wheel over this weekend to see if the problem is there with another wheel and tyre etc.
    Cat drives straight with no noticeable vibration from the front.

Anyone else had this?

Regards

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`